Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Christmas


We wrapped up a successful vacation today. My folks came out to the wild west and enjoyed a Christmas Jackson style. We skied 4 days, although my parents did not enjoy all of the fresh snow that bumped up the groomers. The first and fourth days were consisted of soft groomers and sun - just their style. The middle 2 days were deep powder!

We enjoyed Christmas dinner my parents and our friends Andy, Hayden and Henry. We served lamb and fresh Maine oysters. I was also informed that one of the local beer stores stocks Saranac so I made a last minute run for a 12 pack.

Thanks to Ric for the oysters - you can see the "farm" on the right. We leaned the coolers over 1 step to ensure proper drainage.

Notice the ski pack on the left, after ripping through tons of gifts from Santa we jumped into the car and went skiing at the Village.

One of the highlights for my parents was the sleigh ride on the Elk Refuge. Local or visitor, I recommend jumping aboard. The sled brings riders within 20 feet of 6-7 foot tall elk.















After a week of fun in JH my folks flew home and avoided the mess in Denver. All in all a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home