Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cell phone chargers

I recently misplaced my cell phone charger for 3 days. Luckly my phone (a Q) charges through the mini USB 2.0 port. I grabbed one of my handy mini USB 2.0 cords and charged away. My camera, ipod, video camera and GPS all have mini USB 2.0 ports so loosing the cell phone charger had zero impact. No rushed trip to town or an overnight delivery from Fedex was required!

The variety of cell phone chargers is a nightmare. I believe that the USB charging standard will become the industry standard within the next few years. However, lower end phones dont need USB ports and manufactures might hold off on the adoption of this technology because they make extra money selling spare chargers.

After today, I will only by a cell phone with a USB 2.0 adaptor. It's one less cord that I need to carry around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home