Thursday, February 15, 2007

Teton Pass - 2nd Turn

Yesterday I skied Glory again but descended down 2nd Turn, a West facing ridge that is adjacent to 1st Turn. It snowed 2-3 inches overnight and most of the old tracks were filled in. I opted to telemark yesterday and the skiing was solid knee deep powder. I only felt the old tracks/crust on 3 turns - not bad for a 2000ft run.

When I drove through Wilson I saw my friend Tim loading skis on his car and I ended up parking next to him on the top of the pass. I was planning on touring South of Teton Pass but decided to hike with Tim up Glory. It was a good decision and I enjoyed working my way down 2nd Turn. The only downside with 2nd turn is that you must walk back up the road for 15 minutes after then run. Thankfully no snowplows drove by us during our road hike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home