Sunday, March 11, 2007

Daylight Savings Time Rant

1. It took me almost an hour to figure out how to apply the DST update to my cell phone. I have a Motorola Q which I find to be a superb phone, camera and email device. However, the directions posted on Microsoft's web page were a bit vague and inaccurate on how to apply the patch for DST. After about 30 minutes of troubleshooting my phone now displays the correct time.

2. Spring Skiing. Day light savings time extends the amount of time that a skier must wait before the sun softens up the piste. On a cold morning, today was an example, this make the first few hours of skiing firm, fast and uncool. The extra hour does make a difference, but supposedly Congress stated that we saving energy. Did you know that the new DLS bill was passed as part of the energy bill?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home