Thursday, March 20, 2008

More Powder In Jackson

We have been blessed with another 4+ feet of snow during the past 2 weeks. This has brought the snow total for the winter to over 525 inches.

With the combination of new snow and Day Light Savings Time it is possible to ski after work on Teton Pass. Yesterday I hiked Glory and skied 1st Turn, a West facing ridge that drops skies about 1/4 of a mile away from the top parking lot. The snow was consolidated and contained about 14% water and reminded me of my time in the Cascades. Usually the snow in the Tetons contain around 4%-7% water!

I lugged my new K2 Anti Piste skis to the top and did not regret the decision for the descent. After skiing the new boards for 3-4 powder days I can confidently say that they are excellent powder skis. The soft tip and extra long curve on the tip force this ski to chomp up powder and provide an amazing amount of float. I highly recommend picking up a pair of these skis for powder days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home