Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Conversation at the movie store

I ran into 2 friends at the movie store yesterday on my way home from the climbing gym. I was talking with a friend when a second mutual friend walked in the door. The conversation went something like this:

Girl: Hey, good to see you guys. What are you doing here - no one actually goes to the movie store anymore. I have watched all of my Netflix movies so I figured that I would pick-up a movie.

Me: Funny, I am on the way to the Post Office to send back a movie to Netflix that I watched on Saturday. I figured I would grab a movie during my 2-4 day Netflix turnaround.

I assume that movie stores have taken a large hit from Netflix, but perhaps a portion of the loss has decreased from the gain of business during the Netflix "turn around" time. This might especially be true in a small and rural towns similar to Jackson, WY where the turn around time is generally 3-4 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home