Friday, May 25, 2007

Lack of Blogging

I have not been blogging frequently during the past month. My time has been consumed by other tasks. First, we are planning to build an addition this summer/fall on our house. I have been working with the architect to coordinate plans and put together all the necessary documentation to submit to the county planning board. This has been a huge time sync. I think my next post will describe my structural engineering mess.

Second, we have been enjoying the early summer weather in Jackson. I have been trying to paddle the river frequently because I know that the big water will not be around for long this year. The river is now up to 11K (cfs) so kayaking will be a blast. I have also been playing golf a few days per week. The course is a short bike ride from our house so it's easy to fit in 9 holes after work.

We are planning to move to Argentina for the summer and I have been spending 1-2 hours a day working on my Spanish. We leave in 5 weeks so I need to hit the books hard ASAP!! The combination of leaving for Argentina and building an addition has been difficult. Here is what is left on my checklist: pick a contractor, get a building permit, move everything out of the back 1/2 of our house, move/sell our shed, pack and leave for Argentina.

I guess it will be a busy 5-6 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home